By Stephen Williams
Yet another entry into the thin-and-light laptop competition emerged Wednesday, this one from Acer, a swank design in mocha metallic that’s priced to move at $900.
The 13.3-inch Aspire 3935 compares neatly with Dell’s new $2,000-plus Adamo at an inch thick and just over four pounds, with an LED backlit 16:9 CineCrystalT display. There’s a webcam, fingerprint protection reader and media card slots. It’s packed with Windows Vista Home Premium.
While Acer has had a full-frontal profile in the netbook race, it’s keeping up in the other categories as well. The firm obviously needs to maintain momentum. As one of the top suppliers of notebooks — a segment expanding in unit sales, but declining sharply in selling prices — Acer is deeply invested in the portable category, chasing Dell as it tries to expand its market share further in 2009. Just last week, I had a report about another Acer debut, the Timeline range, featuring extended battery life.
Acer’s also looking larger, as it readies a new 18-inch Aspire model for June, with all the expected bells and whistles, including an Intel Core 2 Duo, an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670, “full HD” 1080p resolution and a Blu-ray disc writer
Portable it’s not. I’d suggest adding a workout day at the gym if this machine is on your wish list: it’s more than 10 pounds.
No price set yet.
Please keep subscribing:
- Sony Vaio Z-series and Linux -- 92
- Dell Latitude E4200/E4300 and Linux -- 22
- Lenovo ThinkPad X301 and Linux -- 19
- Samsung X360 and Linux -- 8
- Toshiba Portege R500-R600 and Linux -- 1
- MSI X-Slim Series X320 and Linux (soon)
- Dell Adamo and Linux (soon)
- Dell XPS M1370 and Linux (soon)
- LG Xnote P300 and Linux (soon)
- Acer Aspire 3935 and Linux (soon)
- HP Vodoo Envy 133 and Linux (soon)
Thursday, 16 April 2009
Acer Aspire 3935 -- New York Times
More Thin From Acer - Gadgetwise Blog - NYTimes.com
Posted by avilella at 08:34
- ► 2010 (66)
- More Linux Toshiba Portege R500/R600 Macbook Air K...
- Macbook Air Killers
- More Sony Vaio Z-series and Linux users, getting c...
- Weekly update
- Acer Aspire 3935 -- New York Times
- Acer Aspire 3935 13.3'' at $899 will come with int...
- ARM now boasting Dell Latitude E4200 ARM embedded ...
- New Acer Aspire 3935 -- www.Acer.com
- New Acer Aspire 3935 enters the Macbook Air Killer...
- Dell Latitude E4200-E4300 and Linux Launchpad grou...
- Updated counts
- New Toshiba Portege R500-R600 Linux Launchpad grou...
- Toshiba R500-R600 group?
- Updated counts -- Dell XPS M1730 may enter the lis...
- ▼ April (14)